Do you ever wonder, are my peeps out there?
Well, I don’t think you’re alone. As a matter of fact, I know you’re not. Personal experience talking per my use. Often I hear people, even my own friends -mentioning a wish list that sounds an awful lot like dream friendship and community.
In this episode, we talk about what personal community means to me, why it’s important to us all, and some things to consider when you design yours if you haven’t already. Yes, I said design. Just give it a listen… you’ll see what I mean.
A few nuggets to reflect on…
- The benefits of an engaged community are basically incredible. Being part of a community gives you a sense of belonging, purpose, makes way for empowerment, growth and SO much more.
- Finding your “people”, building your own community sometimes means getting uncomfortable…it requires you to know yourself and stay committed to being authentic. No taming your personality to fit into someone else’s box.
- As the designer of your personal community, it’s your job to decide what stays and what must go to make room for what’s coming.
- Reflecting on what you wish you experienced with others and evaluating the relationships you already have, will help you define the characteristics of the people you want to add to your life.
- Consider how you will contribute, how you will add value. Relationships, after all, are a balance of give and take.
- Determine what building a personal community will require you to do and move forward with intention.