Do you put intention towards what you think, believe, or feel about yourself or do you let that just sort itself out?
As a life coach and personal growth mentor let me start off by saying DON’T. If you’re not deciding ahead of time what you’re going to think believe and say about yourself, you can and it makes a big difference in how you feel and what you achieve.
In today’s Roots Change episode I’m peeling back curtains to reveal the power of personal affirmations, talking about why I think they’re SO freaking great, and leaving you with a few tips on how to use them in the most effective way.
Don’t knock ’em till you’ve tried ’em.
A few nuggets to reflect on…
- Choose a specific amount of daily affirmations to use. Think quality over quantity and choose an amount you will commit to.
- Keep them short and simple (easy to remember)
- Make sure they evoke positive feelings and align with you are becoming, how you want to feel, what you want to believe or what you want to achieve.
- Keep them in present tense form.
- If your resisting or rejecting what you’ve chosen, clean it up. Your affirmations are a process. They will evolve. Sometimes there’s a really big gap in what you are believing and what you want to believe. Just find some middle ground that lands right and work your way up.
- Say them out loud
- Repeat them throughout your day
- Place them around your house strategically